At Renfrewshire Health & Social Care Partnership (HSCP), we deliver adult social care services and all community health services for adults and children in the Renfrewshire area.
The Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Act 2014 set out the requirement for NHS Boards and Local Authorities to integrate adult health and social care services in Scotland. It is envisaged that by working together, NHS and Council social care services can work together to deliver health and care needs of patients and service users, ensuring those who use services get the right care and support at any point in their care journey.
Examples of the services included are:
- Community Health services (e.g. District Nursing, Health Visiting, Mental Health, Health Improvement and Learning Disability Services);
- Contracted Health Services (GPs, Pharmacies, Dentists and Optometrists);
- All adult social care services (e.g. adult social work, Care@Home services, Care Homes, Occupational Therapy, Domestic Violence);
- Elements of Housing services in relation to Aids/Adaptations and Gardening Assistance; and
- Aspects of Acute services (hospitals) relating to unscheduled care.
Within our agreed Integration Scheme, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board and Renfrewshire Council agreed to formally delegate health and social care services for adults to a third body, which is described in the Act as an Integration Joint Board (IJB). The IJB is responsible for the operational oversight of Renfrewshire HSCP and is the main decision-making body for Renfrewshire HSCP.
Further information about our Integration Joint Board is available via IJB section.