Financial Support

As a carer you may be entitled to benefits, including Carer's Allowance, to help you with the costs of caring for someone.

Carer's Allowance and Carer's Allowance Supplement

You could get Carer's Allowance if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.  For more information and to apply please go to the UK Government website.

Carer's Allowance Supplement  is an extra payment for people in Scotland who get Carer's Allowance.  It is paid automatically and if you're due to get a payment you will get a letter from Social Security Scotland before the payment is made.

Benefits Advice

Carers and their families may be entitled to benefits.  Renfrewshire Carers Centre can find out and advise what you can claim for and provide assistance with forms.  Staff can also assist with information on any grants carers may be eligible for.

If you have benefit issues, are struggling with debt or are having difficulty managing your budget, Advice Works can provide advice. 


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon