Renfrewshire's Adult Carers' Strategy sets out how the HSCP and its partners, including Renfrewshire Carers Centre, Renfrewshire Council and NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde will support carers to continue in their caring role.
The Strategy's main priority is to identify more carers and to identify them as early as possible. If you think you are a carer, please contact Renfrewshire Carers Centre on 0141 887 3643, who can provide you with information and advice on how to manage your caring role.
As well as increase in the number of carers being identified and offered support, we want to see an increase in the number of carers who have an Adult Carer Support Plan and the number of carers who say that:
- they feel supported to continue caring;
- they are well informed about their caring role;
- they have a say in the services provided for the people they care for;
- caring does not have a negative impact on their health and well-being;
- they have a good balance between caring and the other things in their life;
- local services are well coordinated for the people they care for; and
- they participate in their community.
We will ask carers whether we are achieving what we set out to do and report progress throughout the lifetime of the Strategy.