Mental wellbeing means feeling good about yourself and how you live your life. If you have good mental health, it can help you live a longer, happier, healthier life and cope better with life's ups and downs.
However, there are lots of things that can affect your mental health, including individual, physical, social, economic and environmental factors.
You can help your mental health by following our top tips:
1. talk, don't bottle up your problems - talk them through with friends and family.
2. relax, put aside 'me time' every day - go for a walk, read a good book, listen to some music, and be firm. Don't give into pressure to busy yourself with other things.
3. deal with problems on the spot, don't avoid things. It's easy to say, "I'll deal with that later", but putting it off only makes things worse. It's tempting to ignore bills when you're strapped for cash, but the problem doesn't go away. Face up to your problems.
4. do one thing at a time. We can find ourselves going a million miles an hour, and doing a million things at once. Slow down and focus on one thing at a time.
5. life has ups and downs. It's common to feel you're in a bit of a rut from time to time. Think about making a change such as taking up a new hobby, looking for a new job, or taking on a new challenge.