Making a enquiry about Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership

What is an enquiry?

An enquiry is usually a request for information about an individual's care or treatment.

How to make an enquiry

All enquiries should be sent in writing to:


Who can make an enquiry?

Anyone who receives or asks for a service from us, or is directly affected by one of our services, can make an enquiry. This includes a relative, friend, advocacy worker or elected representative such as an MP, MSP or Councillor.

Elected representatives have legal rights under the Data Protection Act 2018, which allow them to work on behalf of their constituents.

If you are a friend, relative or advocacy worker making an enquiry on someone else's behalf, you will need to provide their written consent. Equally if you are acting on someone else's behalf and ask your elected representative to make the enquiry, we will still need a signed consent form from the service user or patient. 

Renfrewshire HSCP consent form [282KB]

If they do not have the capacity to consent, we will need a copy of your Power of Attorney/Guardianship document.

Please note: If you are a parent of a child over 12, they are of an age to make decisions about their own care and you therefore need to provide their written consent.

What happens when you make an enquiry?

Renfrewshire HSCP endeavours to provide a response within 5 working days. If the matter is complicated then it can sometimes take a little longer. We will always let you know if we need more time.

What happens if I am dissatisfied with your response?

If you are dissatisfied with our response, we will look at the matter again. However, we will usually manage it as a formal/stage 2 complaint. Please see our complaints page for more information.

An example might be:

An elected representative has contacted us on your behalf to ask when a stair lift will be fitted at your home. In our response, we advise that following an assessment, you have not met the eligibility criteria for a stair lift and we will therefore not be able to install a stair lift.

The elected representative then contacts us to say that you are unhappy with this decision.

We advise the elected representative that we will now treat this issue as a stage 2 complaint, so that we may investigate more fully.

Frequently asked Questions

Podiatry Enquiries

Renfrewshire HSCP is responsible for podiatry across the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde area.

We sometimes receive enquiries asking why we are not providing toe nail cutting services.

In 2013, the Scottish Government's Personal Foot Care Guidelines were published, describing toe nail cutting as personal foot care rather than podiatry care, and encouraging individuals to take responsibility for this wherever possible either personally, or if completely unable to cut their own toe nails, with support from others. These guidelines were developed following an extensive consultation process involving patient representatives, carer organisations and other key stakeholders.

Should a family member or carer require further guidance on carrying out toe nail cutting, a local podiatrist will be happy to provide support and education as required. Alternatively, as outlined in the guidance, individuals may elect to have this task carried out locally by providers in the independent sector.  Local services which support personal foot care across NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde for a small cost are available at:


ROAR- Connections for Life (ROAR do feet)

Toenail trimming service

Various venues across Renfrewshire



Glasgow South

Volunteer footcare service

Nan McKay community hall
ST Andrews Drive

Telephone: 0141 429 5370


Thursday's, please phone for appointment.

Nail care services

Toryglen Community Hall
199 Prospecthill Circus
G42 0DR

Telephone: 0141 569 1031


Tuesday/Wednesday, please phone for an appointment.

Glasgow West

Personal footcare services

The Annexe
9A Stewartville Street
G11 5PE


For more information about Personal Foot Care, please see


Occupational Therapy adaptations for your home

We sometimes receive enquiries about Occupational Therapy adaptations.

Please be aware that if you have not yet been referred to our Occupational Therapy Service for an assessment, you can request a referral to Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, by contacting ASERT on 0300 300 1380.

If you have received an Occupational Therapy assessment which says you are eligible for adaptations in your home, we will pass this on to Renfrewshire Council. For further information please see Renfrewshire Council's information on - adapting your home

CAMHS waiting lists

We sometimes receive enquiries asking when a child will get their appointment for CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services).

The service is currently experiencing unprecedented demand, however we will be welcoming additional staff into the team in the next couple of months which will expand our capacity.

Further support is also available via Ren10, a Renfrewshire network which provides support to children, young people and their parents regarding their mental health and wellbeing.  Full details of supports on offer, including parental drop-ins led by child psychologists, can be found at www.ren10.co.uk

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon