If you work/volunteer in Renfrewshire and want to know more about benefits and money so you can help service users, this session is for you.
October 4-10 is Challenge Poverty Week 2021 and in Renfrewshire we're working together to ensure that benefits and money advice for people in vulnerable situations is the best it can be.
Join our information session for a cross-sector event, aimed at anyone working or volunteering with people who need support with benefits and money management.
This short information session aims to -
- highlight new benefits and grants available and how access them
- provide an overview of the benefits and grants available to families with dependent children living in Scotland, including the new Social Security Scotland Benefits.
- discuss local fair affordable credit options
- how to asking the right questions and to reduce the stigma of poverty
- how to gather information sensitively and effectively,
- where to go for further information and advice
This is a collaborative event between Renfrewshire HSCP, Renfrewshire Council and Engage Renfrewshire
Book your place now - This is a Microsoft Teams event, a link will be emailed to you on Wednesday 29 September.
Thursday 30 September 2021,
10am - 11am
The event will be recorded so you can watch it at a later date, the link will be widely shared on social media channels or it can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicola.Bissett@ggc.scot.nhs.uk