Some of our Specialist Children Services (SCS) have an advice telephone line, where parents / carers can seek advice and support for children and young people, with day to day activities. The service covers - Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
Renfrewshire AHP Advice Line
Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy advice line:
0141 314 4624
The service operates on the following days and times:
Physiotherapy - Tuesday 11am - 1pm
Physiotherapy can support children and young people who have difficulties with movement. This can affect physical development, activity in play, learning and socialising.
Please phone if you need advice about:
- The development your child's movement skills - rolling, crawling, walking
- Recovery from joint pain or injury
Speech and Language Therapy - Wednesday 10am - 12 noon
Please call if you need any advice about your child's speech, language or communication
Occupational Therapy - Thursday 9.30am - 12 noon
Please phone if you have questions or are worried about how a child or young person is managing:
- Self-care - dressing, washing toileting, eating and drinking
- Play - playing with toys, playing outside, joining in at clubs or sports
- Work - nursery, school, writing, using scissors or being organised.
You can find lots of helpful advice and resources on the NHSGGC KIDS website - www.nhsggc.org.uk/kids