Our HSCP is responsible for the provision of effective, efficient, and responsive health and social care services that meet an individual's needs, deliver person led outcomes and protect vulnerable individuals. While many of these services are provided directly by the HSCP, a large number are delivered on our behalf under contract by other agencies within the voluntary and independent sectors. It is vital these services are designed and delivered to the level and standards we require. We have a dedicated Contracts and Commissioning Team to support this.
What the Contracts and Commissioning Team do:
Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) has a vision to create a caring place where people are treated as individuals and supported to live well.
We aim to deliver this vision through the provision of effective, efficient, and responsive health and social care services that meet an individual's needs, deliver person led outcomes and protect vulnerable individuals.
While many of these services are provided directly by the HSCP, a large number are delivered on our behalf under contract by other agencies within the voluntary and independent sector. It is vital that these services are designed and delivered to the level and standards we require and to support this the HSCP has a dedicated Contracts and Commissioning Team.
Strategic Commissioning is, "the term used for all the activities involved in assessing and forecasting needs, linking investment to agreed desired outcomes, considering options, planning the nature, range and quality of future services and working in partnership to put these in place".
Joint Strategic Commissioning - A Definition: Strategic Commissioning Steering Group, June 2012
Strategic Commissioning is a core component of the HSCP's approach to understanding how the needs of our population is changing, and how health and social care services in Renfrewshire need to respond. We recognise that this process cannot be carried out in isolation but must be delivered collaboratively.
Consideration of current approaches to commissioning has been a key strand of the Independent Review of Adult Social Care. The HSCP is highly supportive of identifying ways to improve how we commission and will work to adopt agreed recommendations.
The team is required to ensure that all areas of the Strategic Commissioning Cycle are delivered in Renfrewshire, either by performing the function themselves or in partnership with colleagues across the partnership. The successful delivery of these tasks helps to ensure both the delivery of outcomes people who use our services, as well as compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
In practice, this means the team is required to:
- Review, monitor and audit the services we have commissioned to ensure contracts are delivered effectively and safely. This involves building positive relationships with providers, the Care Inspectorate, and colleagues within the HSCP and other partnerships.
- Support a multi-agency approach in responding to urgent concerns relating to commissioned services including service failures, significant incidents, adult protection matters or where contractual conditions are not met. This may include acting under the authority of the Chief Social Work Officer and Chief Officer of Renfrewshire HSCP and in collaboration with key partners.
- Provide direction, advice, and guidance to operational staff on service delivery options for individuals and to analyse current and projected needs and trends across Renfrewshire. The team will work with health and social care professionals as well as procurement specialists to undertake strategic reviews, develop service specifications and support procurement activity.
The Contracts and Commissioning team can be contacted via -
For Health and Social Work Professionals
Please contact us if you:
- have any queries or concerns regarding a commissioned service
- you need advice on sourcing or designing a service
For Provider Organisations
We are your first point of contact if you require any advice or support.