Physiotherapy offers an all-encompassing approach to both mental and physical health and wellbeing, helping you to achieve your full potential.
The aim of physiotherapy in mental health is "to promote the well-being and autonomy of people with physical dysfunction associated with mental or physical illness and to use physical approaches to influence psychological health" (Chartered Society of Physiotherapists in Mental health; 2008).
Our physiotherapy service covers:
- inpatient adult acute admission wards at Leverndale and Dykebar
- inpatient rehabilitation and recovery ward, Dykebar
- older adults assessment wards 37, 39 Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Paisley Community Mental Health Team
- West Renfrewshire Community Mental Health Team
- Older Adults Community Mental Health Team
- Torley Unit (alcohol problem clinic).